Rock gives children, on a silver platter, with all the public authority of the entertainment industry, everything their parents always used to tell them they had to wait for until they grew up and would understand later. - Allan Bloom



Happiness is a new CD

November 8, 2006

Even though there are no Beatles songs on my new beanie, I thought I'd go with a variation on one of their songs for my title.

Anyhoo, I came home last night after a rough day to find my lovely beanie from Evilcow in my mailbox! My camera isn't working properly, so you'll have to use your imaginations, which I know we all have!

Inside the envelope was a card with a picture of a sunshine on it. I have to write what Evilcow said in the card because it made me laugh:

"Hi Sharon! At long last, here's your Pamie Beanie! Sorry it's late! Silly life getting in the way. To make up for it, I made you a CD of the happiest, silliest songs I could find. So instead of thinking 'Darn that evilcow and her lateness!' you will be filled with happy thoughts of joyful smilieness. (It's a word, I swear!) Enjoy the joy!"

Aww. So cute! So without further ado, here are the contents of the beanie. I know most of the artists, but haven't heard a good chunk of these songs before, or at least don't recognize the titles, so I'm really looking forward to hearing all the happy silly songs. :)

1. Tout le Bonheur du Monde - Sinsemilla (I love French!)
2. Girl on the Wall - Jane Clifton
3. Great Southern Land - Icehouse
4. Crazy in Love - Beyonce
5. Everyday is a Holiday - Esthero
6. Ageless Beauty - Stars
7. Glory Days - Bruce Springsteen
8. Life is a Flower - Ace of Base (awww hell yeah!!)
9. La Foule - Cassita
10. Candyman - Christina Aguilera
11. Breathless - Nick Cave
12. United States of Whatever - Liam Lynch
13. Ana Ng - They Might Be Giants
14. Oh! - Sleater-Kinney
15. Passionate Kisses - Mary Chapin-Carpenter
16. A Little Respect - Erasure
17. Murder on the Dancefloor - Sophie Ellis-Bextor
18. I'm Super - Big Gay Al (South Park)
19. S'Wonderful - Ella Fitzgerald (one of my absolute favourites, but I didn't have it yet!)
20. Strike it Up - Black Box
21. Iko Iko - Belle Stars
22. Wildflowers - Tom Petty

posted by Sharon @ 2:34 PM,

|

<< Home